Sunspear makes the solar installation process as simple as possible. From initial consultation, permitting, and overseeing installation we are here every step of the way.
1. Sign Sales Agreement and design deposit: Once we have finalized and signed our easy-to-read Solar Sales Agreement via DocuSign, we will collect the initial deposit to complete the engineering drawings required for the HECO interconnection application.
2. Electrical design & HECO Application: We will prepare the single-line electrical drawings and complete the HECO interconnection application submittal package on your behalf.
3. Pre-construction inspection: Our residential construction supervisor and licensed electricians will complete a preliminary construction inspection to determine the best final layout and design to fit within the homeowners design aesthetic preferences and to identify any unforeseen circumstances which might impact the cost prior to the commencement of construction.
4. Design & Permitting: Based on the pre-inspection a final site plan and elevation drawings will be prepared and submitted to the City & County DPP for approval.
5. Installation: Once we have received approvals from HECO and a permit from DPP, one of our Project Coordinators will schedule an installation date that fits best on our homeowners’ calendar. The on-site installation will take 2-5 days depending on the size and scope of the project.
6. Building Permit Closure: After completing the installation, we will request the necessary building & electrical inspections to close the permit with the City & County.
7.HECO Closeout: Once the building permit has been closed, we will notify HECO to process their final closeout and issue final approval to activate your system.
8. Clean Energy Savings: As soon as HECO gives the green light, we will flip the switch and start creating clean energy savings!